Mark Mirabella is preparing to hike the Appalachian Trail for StJUDE and ATC
Trail: Appalachian Trail Goal: 2200 Miles
Dates: Apr 004 2018 - Sep 004 2018
Hi! My name is Mark but those closest to me call me by my nickname, Rocky. Ever since I was a boy I have dreamed of hiking the appilachian trail. The seed was planted when my fourth grade teacher Mrs. McConnville told our class the story of how she ... more
Hi! My name is Mark but those closest to me call me by my nickname, Rocky. Ever since I was a boy I have dreamed of hiking the appilachian trail. The seed was planted when my fourth grade teacher Mrs. McConnville told our class the story of how she and her husband hiked more than 2000 miles along the trail together. I had no idea that was humanly possible, but the idea of completing it myself has lingereed in the back of my mind for nearly 20 years.
I finally have the opportunity to follow my dream but I dont want this adventure to be solely about "my" dreams. I want to help others as I hike. I am asking for pledges for each mile I hike along the trail. I have chosen two charities that are very special to me. My primary charity is Saint Jude Research Hospital. If you are not familiar with their work, Saint Jude provides FREE life-saving cancer treatment for children in need. 80% of your donations will go to them. The remaining 20% of your donation will be donated to the Appilachian Trail Concervency; a group dedicated to maintaining, protecting and concerving our beloved Appilachian Trail so that millions of people can explore the trail for the years to come.
Adventure is a beautiful thing, but if I do it just for me, it can begin to lack meaning. Your pledges can not only support two great causes, but also help me find the meaning within myself to keep on hiking when I want to quit! less
Total per Mile
No entries yet.
You need to sign in
for an account to leave a message in Mark's guestbook.